Welcome from the Trust
May I take this opportunity of extending a very warm welcome to you whether you are a parent, friend or visitor and I hope you enjoy finding out more about BASE Academy Trust.
BASE Academy Trust is a value driven Multi- Academy Trust with a determination for educational excellence that is rooted in moral purpose. Our overarching aim and vision is to deliver outstanding education for all children in our schools, ensuring that they have access to the highest standards of teaching, resources and learning opportunities in order to achieve their full potential and improve their life chances and future prospects.
The trust is fully committed and focused on continuous school improvement and outstanding leadership. Each of our Academies is dedicated to achieving the highest quality of learning experience for all of its pupils and to achieving the best possible outcomes for them. Through partnership and collaboration we will raise aspiration and achievement through ensuring better provision, richer resources and higher standards for all our pupils thus fulfilling our motto: ‘Believe, Achieve, Succeed in Education’
The FA1 and Ambition North West Hub is a collaborative partnership led by Forward As One CE Multi Academy Trust, including partner MATs and schools across the North West region. We are working in close partnership with FA1 and Ambition Institute, for the purpose of delivering Ambition Institute's Early Career Teacher programme and suite of National Professional Qualifications. We see it as our civic duty to deliver the highest standards of training and professional development, so our Educators and Leaders across the North West can flourish and reach their true potential.
We value the potential of:
- High-quality professional development to improve the quality of our teaching and leadership and provide environments for our staff and children to flourish and achieve
- Evidence-based and informed CPD which supports sustainable development
- Regional and local networking to mobilise professional knowledge and understanding
- Collaboration and mutual support to build capacity at all levels of our partner schools
We work together by:
- Respecting each other’s mission, values, and stages of development
- Serving our school communities by removing barriers to engagement in professional development
- Promoting diversity and inclusion, and valuing the local context
- Ensuring that formal organisational structures and processes bring transparency and clarity of roles, finance, and communication
- Being responsive to the priorities and capacity of our partner schools
- Maintaining open and honest working relationships underpinned by mutual respect and integrity
- Collaborating – not competing!
In partnership with Ambition we offer 7 NPQ courses. Four Specialist NPQs and 3 Leadership NPQs.
The four Specialist NPQs provides teachers and leaders with the opportunity to invest in their own development without moving away from what they love – teaching in the classroom. The new specialist NPQs are:
- NPQ in Leading Literacy
- NPQ in Leading Behaviour and Culture
- NPQ in Leading Teaching
- NPQ in Leading Teacher Development
You can find out more about the specialist NPQs here:
The three Leadership NPQs are for senior leaders, headteachers, executive leaders and early years leaders, and they provide them with core knowledge and practices required to lead schools and early years settings,
- NPQ Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- NPQ Headship (NPQH)
- NPQ Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
- NPQ in Early Years Leadership is also available! This is the first NPQ designed for the early years sector with the course tailored specifically for those leaders across the diverse range of settings.
You can find out more about the leadership NPQs here:
We also have a coaching offer for new headteachers (the EHCO)
Follow us: @ambitionfa1 on Twitter
Contact: FA1/Ambition – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07512307284