BASE Academy Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees who are accountable to the Department for Education and have overall responsibility and ultimate decision making authority for all the work of the Trust, including the establishing and running of the academies operated by the Trust.
In order to assist with the discharge of their responsibilities, the trust has established a Local Governing Board (‘LGB’) for each of the Academies. The LGB shall be a committee established pursuant to Articles 100 to 104 (inclusive) of the Articles of Association of the Trust (the ‘Articles’).
The Trustees may review these terms of reference at any time but shall review them at least annually.
These terms of reference may only be amended by the Board of Trustees.
Core Purpose of the Local Governors
- To support the Trust in pursuit of its vision and overall aims.
- To promote high standards ensuring that pupils attend a successful academy.
- To hold the Head of School to account for academic performance, quality of care and provision.
- To have strategic oversight of the day to day running of the academy in so far it has been delegated.
- To develop effective communication channels with all stakeholders.
The Local Governors are:
Mrs A Quigley – Chair - co-opted
Mr E Tuckley - Vice Chair - co-opted
Mr A Connell – co-opted governor
Mr J Kell – co-opted governor
Mrs J Irwin – co-opted governor
Dr S Cunliffe – parent governor
Mrs S Prendergast – parent governor
Mrs L Whittaker – Executive Headteacher
Miss G Yapp – Head of School
Mrs L Behan – staff governor