Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. Ofsted inspect services providing education and skills for learners of all ages as well as inspecting and regulating services that care for children and young people.
On 3rd July 2019 the school received its first inspection since converting to an Academy in 2016 and the school received a grading of ‘good’ for overall effectiveness. The following strengths were detailed:
- The school has benefited from the opportunities that have been available by joining the BASE multi-academy trust.
- Leaders have worked tirelessly to turn this around to create a forward-thinking culture in the school.
- Staff feel valued and proud to be part of the school because of the collaborative ethos that you have created.
- The pupils at the school are a delight. Their behaviour in lessons shows that they know what it means to be a successful learner.
- Teachers’ enthusiasm for reading and for teaching phonics is infectious.
- As a result of these actions, progress at the end of key stage 2 has been significantly above that seen nationally for the last two years.
The full report can be viewed below:
If you would like to provide Ofsted with feedback about our school then you can do so using the Parent View tool.