Our school kitchen provides a range of delicious and nutritious meals at lunchtimes which all pupils are able to access. Children are free to bring a packed lunch if that is a preferred option.
Dinner money is paid on a Monday each week for the meals being taken that week. Payment should be sent in a named envelope with your child or paid at the office. The weekly cost is £11.00. All pupils in Reception, Year and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal as part of the government’s scheme of Universal Infant Free School Meals.
Some families will also be entitled to a free school meal for all of their children. Income related free school meals can be given to your child in any year at school.
This includes nursery children if they attend before and after lunch at a local authority nursery school or nursery class.
If you get any of the benefits below, you can claim free school meals.
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance Income based
- Employment Support Allowance Income related
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as your letter shows you have an income of less than £16,190 and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your earned income must be less than £7,400 a year
If your child gets free school meals they may continue until March 2022.
Applying for free school meals
- if you already receive housing benefit or council tax support, your income related free school meals will be given automatically and you don’t need to apply
- if you have already applied for help with school uniforms, we will look at the free school meals at the same time and you don’t need to apply separately
- if you don't receive housing benefit or council tax support, you need to apply for free school meals
When your child gets free school meals, your school will also benefit with additional funding to use in the school.
You can apply online here.