It is our school aim to work towards the following:
- To ensure that parents are involved and kept informed of all school activities and developments in education that might affect their child.
- To ensure that parents are informed and kept up to date on the progress of their child and are able to help and support their child at home.
- To welcome parents into school as a vital part of our school community.
- To listen to parents views through informal discussions, questionnaires, coffee mornings, parental learning walks and workshops.
- To respect the need for confidentiality of information where appropriate.
To meet these aims:
- We send out a newsletter every week in EYFS and once a month for KS1 and KS2.
- Maintain a website with information for parents, current activities in school and dates.
- We hold 2 parental consultation evenings throughout the year.
- A Home-school agreement is sent out to parents every September.
- We provide a home/school reading record and book to children to share with their parents.
- Celebrations of children's achievements - star of the week, Dojo bronze, silver, gold and platinum awards as well as ‘tea at 2’ for the top Dojo scorers at the end of the school year.
- End of year presentation evening/afternoon in which parents are invited into school to watch their child receive their award.
- When appropriate parents are contacted and invited to come to school to discuss any issues.
- We have an 'open door' policy at school.
- Social media feeds.
- Each class has a knowledge organiser sent home every half term and once every 3 weeks in EYFS. This enables parents to read about the topic their child will be learning about and the ‘sticky knowledge’ which the children need to remember.
- School prospectus.
- Parental workshops and meetings to involve/inform parents how we teach children to read, our phonics schemes and art focuses throughout the year.
- Class assemblies.
- Stay & play sessions for parents to share with their children in EYFS.
- Facility to message your child’s class teacher directly via the Class Dojo app.
To help parents develop their own learning we will:
- Parent/child sessions where parents work alongside their children.
- Signpost parents to external providers/agencies.
Parents are involved in the life of Masefield in the following ways;
- Welcome parents meeting for Reception aged children as well as stay and play session.
- Meet the teacher sessions at the end of the academic year which forms part of our transition process as children move up the school.
- Elected parent Governors.
- Our open door policy.
- Our Learning Mentors.
- Parent helpers always welcome in school.
- Our many school social events e.g. Bingo evenings, Summer Fair, Christmas Fair, Discos, Christmas productions, End of year productions, class assemblies, festival celebrations, charity days etc.
We keep parents informed of events in school in the following ways:
- Calendar of provisional events for the year in September.
- Weekly newsletter in EYFS and monthly newsletter for KS1 and KS2.
- Reminder letters, text messages, Facebook posts and tweets.
- Posters around school.
- School website.
- School Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/masefieldcp
- School Facebook page